Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dear eHarmony...

Dear eHarmony,

According to my records, my membership ends today (May 13, 2009 @ 11:59 pm). I do not wish to extend my membership because I honestly dont' think that your service is worth it. I have yet to find a guy on your site that I "clicked" with. I've been on your site for 6 months! I can't blame you entirely, but I will blame your false advertisement.

If I was unmatchable, I really wish you would've told me that from the get go! That way I would've saved my money! I may be picky, but I mean COME ON! I'm sure eHarmony works for some people, but it just didn't quite work for me. In the meantime and in between time, I will take my chance going to coffee shops, lounges, etc. to find my soul mate. I'm ending my experiment with online dating!

If I choose to go back to online dating, I will not use your services. Although "guided communication" may work for some people, it was very annoying going through five (5) different steps before I was able to exchange random e-mails with someone. Sometimes, it will take more than 2 weeks to get to the "Final stage." You have to understand, the majority of people on your site actually have a JOB. The only time most of us can communicate would be in the evening after a very long day at work.

Eventhough my letter may seem negative, I do wish your site much luck during these hard times!

Sincerely,

Former eHarmonite!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the well-wishes in spite of your dissatisfaction with your eHarmony service!

    I’m very sorry to hear you were unhappy with it. It is a different approach than most sites, and for that reason, many come to eHarmony with expectations that don’t “match” what they experience while on the site.

    We’re different because we aren’t a “dating” site, but a relationship site. So generally, instead of helping members get out on many dates, the Guided Communication gives you a chance to rule someone out without getting unnecessarily attached to the wrong person. We do best with helping people find long-term partners, but that can mean being on the service for a while and weeding through the matches that aren’t right for you.

    That said, some people feel the way you do about Guided Communication, and prefer the Fast Track feature which allows you to skip those questions and just write messages to your matches in your own words.

    The good thing is that many do find success (an average of 236 members a day get married using the service). The tough part about this is that it may take them longer to find the person with whom they’ll be happy.

    It can help to contact our Customer Care team: http://help-singles.eharmony.com/

    I’m also on Twitter – @eHarmony_Jack – if you would like further assistance.

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete