Monday, November 3, 2008

Almost There...

One more day! I can't help but smile! Just the thought that Barack Obama may become the 44th president of the United States, brings that smile to my face! I've been following Barack since his speech at the DNC in Boston four years ago. I was captivated by his words. My favorite part of his speech was:

Now even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us -- the spin masters, the negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of "anything goes." Well, I say to them tonight, there is not a liberal America and a conservative America -- there is the United States of America. There is not a Black America and a White America and Latino America and Asian America -- there’s the United States of America.

Tomorrow, November 4th - we will all go to the polls to make one of the most important decisions in our lives. We will choose the next leader of the free world. Honestly, I don't care who you choose (although I would love for your choice to be for Sen. Barack Obama), but please exercise your right to vote! There are individuals that have died for the opportunity for us to be able to do what they could only dream of doing. Please don't take it for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment